© 2013 - 2020 gels designs Photography. All rights reserved.
All content on this website is protected by copyright. Website designed and created by gels designs ©.
Chappel, North Essex
Chappel is located on the northern boundary of the Essex parish of Great Tey. In 1285 AD a small church was built here due to the large distance locals in this area had to keep travelling in order to get to the main church in Great Tey itself. The village therefore became known as ‘Chappel’. The village is located on the River Colne and is most well known for its Victorian viaduct which crosses the Colne Valley, together with its Victorian railway station. The viaduct has 32 arches with each having a span of approximately 30ft and a total length of 364m end to end. It became a listed monument in 1967 and is thought to be the 2nd largest brick build structure in England.
|Behind the Lens|
|Art and Craft|